In 1931, a small stand of fishing cottages first welcomed guests to this lush sliver of Captiva Island perfectly nestled between the Gulf of Mexico and Pine Island Sound. Here across thirteen acres of coastal island charm, our historic Florida beach resort once again welcomes you to choose your island experience — relaxation, adventure, memories and warm hospitality — with the highest quality accommodations in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian.
Starting Monday, January 2, 2023 the Sanibel Causeway reopens to the public and we look forward to welcoming you back to Captiva Island. As the first, and only, full-service resort to open on the islands, we’re extremely grateful and ask our guests to travel safely, yet directly, to ‘Tween Waters Captiva — to allow the work of islands repair and restoration to carry on easily.
SHOULDN’T EVERY DAY BE THIS GOOD?
‘Tween Waters is Now Open to the Public!
We’re Delighted to Offer:
Your choice of select guest rooms, studios, one- two- and three-bedroom suites, and cottages.
- Direct beach and marina access
- Two sparkling geothermal-heated pools
- Two hot tubs
- On-site dining open to anyone on island for breakfast, lunch and dinner at the award-winning Old Captiva House, limited menu.
- On-site convenient store within the marina with basic supplies, limited hours
- On-site apparel and accessories at The White Pelican located within the marina, limited hours
- On-site fitness center
- Beach Service with Beach Chair and Umbrella Rentals
- Charcoal grills are provided throughout the resort, charcoal not included
- Wi-Fi service is provided but not guaranteed
- Tennis and Pickleball Courts with equipment provided at front desk
- Complimentary bicycles for resort guests
- The Spa at ‘Tween Waters is open with limited availability. Call 239-472-7722 to schedule an appointment.
- Fishing, sightseeing, shelling and trips to Cayo Costa and Cabbage Key through Native Guides, advanced reservations required.
- Kayak and standup paddleboard tours and rentals through Adventure Sea Kayak & SUP, advanced reservations required.
Important to Know:
While there is NO curfew on Captiva Island, please be respectful that Sanibel Island peace enforcement officers are strictly enforcing current curfews, meaning that guests must be on Captiva Island or resort property from 12 am to 6 am or be subject to arrest and fines. Thank you.
- Check-in: 4 pm
- Check-out: 11 am
- Access to resort is provided to your unit and assigned parking only
- One night deposit is due at the time of booking
- There are no elevators. All units are accessed by stairs
- No moving truck, vans, rental trucks or trailers, campers or RV’s, etc
- Ongoing construction is taking place on property
- No boat rentals
- No shuttle service
- No in-room TV service
- Jerry’s Foods of Sanibel is open 7 days a week for groceries