COVID-19 INFORMATION, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AS OF MAY 22, 2020
PLEASE NOTE: WE ATTEMPT TO KEEP COVID-19 INFORMATION AS ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE AS POSSIBLE; HOWEVER, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
For our Out-of-State guests, please review the current State-wide travel safety requirements for visiting Florida. Click here for more information.
‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa on Captiva Island is open and welcoming guests again for overnight accommodations with a 2-night minimum through June 15, 2020.
Effective May 16, 2020, West Wind Inn, Beachview Cottages and Castaways Cottages located on Sanibel Island is open and welcoming guests again for overnight accommodations with a 2-night minimum through June 15, 2020. Sanibel Captiva Island Vacation Rentals is open and welcoming guests again for overnight accommodations.
TripAdvisor top-rated restaurants at ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa are open for on-site dining and take home service at Old Captiva House and Crow’s Nest Bar and Grille. Normandie Seaside Cafe at West Wind Inn is open for on-site dining and take home service. We look forward to your return and we strive (as always) to exceed your expectations for quality, value, satisfaction and wonderful times.
The following outline stringent COVID-19 policies, procedures and actions that apply to all Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts accommodations, restaurants, food and beverage outlets, wedding and meeting facilities, pool facilities, fitness center, spa, marinas, lobbies and other public places. These policies, procedures and actions follow the Centers for Disease Control guidelines “Facilities Cleaning and Disinfecting” for COVID-19 and in some cases, exceed the CDC guidelines. These policies also align with the SanCap Safe guidelines. These best practices are performed for the safety of you, our guests, as well as our valued employees. Thank you for your understanding, patience, cooperation and trust.
OUR FRIENDLY SERVICE PROVIDERS
The following applies to all employees of Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts:
- All employees are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and have their body temperature tested daily.
- Any employee offsite who feels or exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms as outlined on the Centers for Disease Control website is required to not report to work, or if onsite is required to return to their home and monitor their symptoms.
- All employees follow strict guidelines wherever possible (depending on assignment) regarding facial and hand protection and sanitation.
- SCBR policy respects the rights of employees to determine their work status during COVID-19; as our way of supporting their rights, adjusted compensation will still be provided in this situation.
REGISTRATION AND LOBBY PROCEDURES
The following applies to all guests upon arriving Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts properties for check-in purposes:
- Body Temperature. For the safety of other guests and employees, registering guests will be required to submit to body temperature test upon arrival. Additionally, we request that guests participate in additional precautions by agreeing to daily morning temperature checks at our lobby. Any guest refusing to comply to body temperature test may be required to cancel their reservation.
- Arriving Guests. Only one reservation party is allowed at any time within the lobby for registration and welcome package. Other registering parties should wait until the lobby is cleared before entering. Lobby doors are open to minimize direct contact.
- Our Welcome Team. Registration and Welcome staff wear masks and gloves at all times. Staff clean and disinfect counters and other touchpoints between each registering guest party. Clear plexiglass partitions are placed between staff and guests. Sanitized pens are available. Guests are encouraged to text SCBR to 77222 to receive information, entertainment or safety updates.
The following applies to all Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts accommodations:
- All Sanibel Island resort properties will limit occupancy to 50% to provide safe social distancing for guests and staff.
- Accommodations are quarantined and vacant 48 hours prior to cleaning by housekeeping.
- All housekeeping staff wear masks and gloves, and exchange gloves with each room cleaning.
- Cleaning procedures and cleaning solutions follow CDC approved guidelines and recommendations.
- Additional cleaning procedures will be applied to high touch areas, soft surfaces and electronics.
- Guests have the option of no housekeeping or on-request housekeeping your stay. Please inform Front Desk by touching 0 (zero) on your in-room telephone.
- Upon conclusion of your stay, please place towels in shower or tub.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICES
The following applies to all Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts Food and Beverage outlets:
- The following dates and actions are in place at ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa:
- Menus are available online at www.OldCaptivaHouse.com and www.CrowsNest-Captiva.com. You may pay at time of food pickup with cash or credit, or by charging order to your room. Certain menu items may not be available based on various factors. Orders may be placed and picked up daily during regular business hours at extension 423 (in-room telephone) or 472.5161 (423).
- Old Captiva House is open for both “Take Out Service” and on-site seating, inside restaurant or outside at Garden Terrace. Breakfast 7:30 AM – 11 AM; Dinner 5 PM – 9 PM.
- Crow’s Nest Bar & Grille is open for on-site and “Take Out Service” for Dinner Only, 5 PM – 10 PM
- Oasis Pool Bar is open for both pool-site table service and “Take Out Service” 11 AM – 5:00 PM.
- The following dates and actions are in place at West Wind Inn Food and Beverage outlets:
- Menu is available online at https://www.normandierestaurant.com. You may pay at time of food pickup with cash or credit, or by charging order to your room. Certain menu items may not be available based on various factors. Orders may be placed and picked up daily during regular business hours at extension 310 (in-room telephone) or 472.1541 (310).
- Normandie Seaside Cafe is open for both “Take Out Service” and on site dining: Breakfast 8 AM – 11:30 AM; Lunch 11:30 AM – 3.30 PM; Dinner 5 PM – 8 PM.
- Upper Deck Pool Bar is open for outdoor dining and beverages 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM with Lunch 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM; Dinner 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- All Food and Beverage staff, both in preparation and in service, adhere to strict precautions in facial and hand protection and sanitation.
- Body temperature tests of guests apply to food and beverage facilities; any guest with temperature 100 degrees or higher will not be allowed on-site seating.
- In-restaurant and outdoor dining table placement adheres to 6-foot social distancing guidelines. Restaurant capacity is limited. A maximum of 4 persons per table is desired, with the exception families larger than 4 persons.
- Pens are sterilized before guest use.
- ‘Tweens Beans coffee shop is operating on limited hours.
WEDDING AND MEETING FACILITIES
The following applies to all Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts wedding and meeting facilities:
- Events are set per social distancing guidelines.
- Capacity of facilities will comply with State and Local Guidelines.
- All Wedding and Meeting staff, in preparation and in cleaning, wear masks and gloves, and follow procedures and guidelines outlined by Centers for Disease Control.
The following applies to all Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts public spaces:
- Disinfectants and hand sanitizers are readily available throughout our properties; we encourage their use.
- Public restrooms are cleaned regularly, with calendars noting time of cleaning, initialed by cleaner.
- Pool areas respect social distancing in placement of lounge chairs; we highly recommend limiting your “chair grouping” to immediate family.
- Marina staff adhere to strict precautions in facial and hand protection and sanitation; sterilized pens are available.
- Beaches respect social distancing in placement of chairs and cabanas; we highly recommend limiting your “grouping” to immediate family.
- Should you care to use a hot tub, we highly recommend limiting your “grouping” to immediate family.
- The Spa is now open
- Fitness center is open, limited to 4 guests at a time.
- ‘Tween Beans Coffee Shop located near the Family Pool is where the pool tower exchange operates, until further notice, on limited hours.
AS OUR VALUED GUESTS
The following applies to our valued guests of Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts:
- The COVID-19 crisis is a global concern. The many precautions and procedures Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts applies to every aspect of your stay are done with this paramount mission: to provide you a vacation or visitation experience that is safe, positive, fun, memorable and most of all, healthy.
- We ask for your understanding, patience and trust as we execute our policies and procedures.
- We ask that you respect the safety and health of our service providers.
- We ask that you contact Guest Services (touch zero on your in-house telephone) if you feel any COVID-19 symptoms; our team can provide information on local healthcare providers and pharmacies.
- Any guest that exhibits COVID-19 symptoms should seek medical counsel, and consider terminating your stay and returning to your home.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to any guest who does not respect our policies and procedures, or puts staff in harm’s way.
LOOK AHEAD AND BOOK AHEAD WITH 100% CONFIDENCE: NO CHANGE OR CANCEL FEES ON RESERVATIONS BOOKED BY MAY 31, 2020
“Rest Assured” is our promise to you that you can book your vacation at ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa with 100% confidence. Need to change your dates of stay? No problem, and no charge! Need to cancel your reservation? No problem, and no charge!
Book your future stay by May 31, 2020 and take advantage of our Rest Assured promise to you that you can book your 2020 vacation with 100% confidence — Change your dates of stay or cancel your reservation at no charge.
We hope you will find your stay with Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts fun, memorable and healthy. We encourage you to visit us often: our mission and our passion are to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your cooperation in these unusual times.
- Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa | Tween-Waters.com | 800.223.5865
- West Wind Inn | WestWindInn.com | 800.824.0476
- Beachview Cottages | Beachview-Cottages.com | 800.860.0532
- Castaways Cottages | Castaways-Cottages.com | 800.375.0152
- Sanibel Captiva Island Vacation Rentals | SCVacay.com | 877.388.5050
LOCAL FOOD AND PHARMACY OPERATIONS
Grocery and pharmacy providers on Sanibel are currently open during the following hours (subject to change without notice):
- Bailey’s: 7 AM – 7 PM Daily
- Jerry’s: 7 AM – 7 PM Daily
- Island Pharmacy: 9 AM – 5 PM Monday-Friday, 9 AM – 1 PM Saturday
- CVS General: 8 AM – 9 PM Daily
- CVS Pharmacy: 9 AM – 9 PM Monday-Friday, 10 AM – 5 PM Saturday and Sunday
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR YOUR HEALTH, SAFETY AND INFORMATION